Curtin University Autism Research Group invites you to attend the annual Autism Open Day on Sunday 9 September 2018.
This is a complimentary event open to adults and children with autism, their families, and anyone who is interested in autism research.
- Sunday 9 September 2018
- 10.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Technology Park Function Centre, 2 Brodie-Hall Drive, Bentley
Now in its fourth year, the increasingly-popular Autism Open Day brings together leading researchers from Curtin University and Telethon Kids Institute.
Join us to meet the researchers and learn more about the latest autism research. There will be discussions on programs that support people with autism, with a focus on ‘tapping their talents’. Parents of autistic children as well as individuals with autism will also share their stories and experiences.
A series of short presentations by researchers and experts, with and without lived experience of autism, will be run throughout the day.
An exhibition area will hold stalls with information on key areas such as:
• Pathway planning for school leavers with autism
• Social skills training for teenagers with autism
• Emotion recognition training computer games
• Peer mentoring program for university students with autism
• Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance
• Getting around the community
• Assessing functioning in autism
• Vision for action
Food and coffee will be available for purchase throughout the day, and complimentary toys will be available for children.
This event is held in conjunction with Autism CRC and Telethon Kids Institute