Do you want to know what some of WA’s politicians and leaders think about Harmony Week? Or what they have to say about some of the key issues affecting refugee and migrant young people? Eight local young people set out to find out. This dynamic group, have spent the last month interviewing leaders in our community and have documented their findings in a short film!
On the opening day of Harmony Week, we invite you to join us for the first screening of Catalyst for Change. We will also launch the full report from 2017 Catalyst Youth Summit and screen the full-length documentary Cast from the Storm.
- Thursday 15 March 2018
- 6.00 to 9.00 pm
- Norman Dufty Lecture Theatre, Building 210, Curtin University, Bentley Campus
- Students and Concession - Free
Full price - $22
What does your ticket include?
- The first viewing of the Catalyst for Change short film
- A screening of SAME DRUM music video by Akolkol Dastan Gesa
- A screening of the full-length documentary Cast from the Storm
- Hearing from the young people who made the film
- Light refreshments
- A copy of the Catalyst for Change 2017 report
This is a fully accessible venue. The Catalyst for Change film will be captioned for easier access.
This event has been made possible by a grant from the Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI), and the support of the Centre for Human Rights, Curtin University. The young people have been supported by staff from the Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia (YACWA) and the Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network of Western Australia (MYAN WA).
Please indicate any dietary requirements or access needs when you book your ticket. Refreshments will be served from 6pm and the event will commence at 6.30pm.