Park’d showcases a range of different acts – from stilt walkers to musicians – to entertain you.
Here’s this week’s schedule:
Ricochet Circus, roving, 11 am – 1 pm
Whether Scooby of Ricochet Circus is juggling three diablos high in the air, dangerously manipulating fire torches under his legs or precariously spinning more plates than you have fingers, his high energy circus shows are guaranteed to captivate, amaze and leave the audience wanting more.
Wednesday 29 April
Boasting a touring schedule that needs to be seen to be believed, the West Australian born, independent musician has spent years touring the country – travelling by van and spreading his unique brand of alternative country rock. The former Australia’s Got Talent and 2014 Toyota Star Maker Grand Finalist has seen mainstream success over the past years and his 2013 album ‘Something To Say’ debuted at #2 on the ARIA Australian Country Album Charts and #4 on the iTunes albums chart.
Free yoga, The Forum, 12.30 pm
Thursday 30 April
Katherine John Conspiracy, The Sculpture Garden, 11 am to 1 pm
Katherine John has performed all over the world at various festivals and music venues, including the USA, Asia and the UK, from intimate audiences to crowds of up to 40,000 people. Her extensive repertoire extends from sultry soul to blues and jazz to rock, pop, funk and top 40.
For 2015, we want to invite you to be a Park’d performer!
Do you and your friends have a band? Are you part of a circus troupe? Do you sing and play acoustic guitar? Or a bit of opera? Do you dance, act, juggle, play an instrument, walk on stilts, or are a great comedian … and do you want to share your talent to make Curtin a greater place?
If you said yes, please register your interest by completing our expression of interest form.
Previous Park’d performers
- Retrofit featuring Bob Brisbane (vocals and percussion), Clem (acoustic guitar) and Shane Pooley (double/electric bass and vocals), Retrofit are a unique blend of recent and classic hits delivered within a very unique and visually exciting look.
- Don Smith toured our wide brown country with his inimitable style, winning over audiences of all ages and political persuasions, including a standout performance at The Basement in Sydney for the legendary Amnesty International comedy benefit.
- Justin Burford front man and creative director behind successful Australian rock/pop outfit End Of Fashion.
- Natalia whether performing one of her own wonderfully unique tracks or stylishly covering a hit tune, Natalia’s voice is sure to move you.
- Anderson plays songs you’d forgotten how much you loved.
- Beat-Boxing Workshop will show you how to create a beat in seconds.
- Caricatures by Tel will sketch a caricature for you to keep.
- Cathrine Summers wins over audiences with her on-stage charisma, melodic versatility and playful banter.
- Chris Murphy and his band, Murphy’s Law dominate the corporate and pub band scene in Perth.
- Danni Stefanetti sends country vibes your way.
- Dejavu holds one of Perth’s most diverse and impressive musical repertoires.
- Don Smith is a world-class comedian who wins over audiences of all ages with his inimitable style.
- Famous Sharron wants to make you famous and fabulous!
- Fluro Trash roller skate along to banging beats.
- Gary Benness and Mark Turner carefully craft each song until it oozes with as much ‘cool’ as they can muster.
- Halo provide an acoustic set of sings from Michael Jackson and Crowded House to Jesse J and Adele.
- Italian Trio mix traditional Italian sounds with modern arrangements.
- Jaan Van Hollen will mesmerize you with his juggling skills and crystal balls.
- James Rascale continues the legacy of Cameo Rascale with roving antics that are guaranteed to have any audience on the edge of their seats.
- Jarrad Wall, front man for Jake and the Cowboys, performs his solo pop-rock songs.
- Kal Englishby comes armed with a guitar and has a voice that’s been likened to Tracy Thorn’s.
- Kayla entertains crowds with her acoustic talents.
- Kinetica twist, bend and contort their bodies in breathtaking ways.
- Kirsty Hulka plays the keyboard and ukulele to accompany her dynamic vocals.
- Leah Miche is an indi-folk musician whose songs will soothe and relax you.
- Little Miss Squeezebox enchants with her beautiful vocals and accordion playing.
- Liquid Lounge are all about adding a relaxed lounge feel to every event.
- Marcio and Adam inject an edgy Brazilian style into contemporary music.
- Matty T Wall wrings raw emotion from single notes.
- Mickey Shaked is an experienced solo guitarist and vocalist.
- Nat Ripepi is a highly acclaimed singer songwriter.
- Nikki Rose treats audiences to heartwarming acoustic tunes.
- Riley Pearce will sooth your soul with his folk-roots based songs and covers.
- Ross Vegas combines the ancient arts of circus and vaudeville with the contemporary musical skills of human beat-box and vocal sound FX to create a show unique worldwide.
- Scooby Circus‘s high energy show will captivate and amaze you.
- The Covergirls bring a musical extravaganza that’s part cabaret, part disco, with a dash of pop and lashings of lipstick.
- Wesley Goodlet Jamboree Scouts are an exciting collection of high-class circus and musicians.
Park’d Food Trucks @ Curtin
There’s also a range of pop-up food trucks on campus this semester. Find the locations of your favourites by viewing this week’s Park’d Food Trucks schedule.