Park’d showcases a range of different acts – from stilt walkers to musicians – to entertain you.
Here’s this week’s schedule:
Electrochic, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm, Henderson Court South
Electrochic will bring sweet French ballads and jazz standards as well as super-catchy, top of the charts hits and international classics to Henderson Court South.
Party Explosions Stilts, 12 pm to 2 pm, outside the Guild
These stilt walkers are fresh and bright – they look like a party explosion just waiting to happen!
Wednesday 26 August
Pirate Stilts, 12 pm to 2 pm, CAS
Pirates, on stilts, with ukeleles! What’s not to love?
With a broad repertoire spanning pop, soul, folk and R&B to gorgeous originals, this dynamic duo create a unique and captivating sound.
Their secret weapon – the Boss Loop Station – which might mean nothing on paper but when heard live, gives this duo a sound unlike any other acoustic act you’ve heard!
Rachel O’Hara (vocals) and Matt Williams (guitar) have been performing all over Australia, bringing style, talent and that little something different to every performance, making them an unforgettable act.
Morgan Scarfe, 12 pm to 2 pm, Guild Undercroft (and surrounds)
Morgan Scarfe is one of the most highly sought after circus performers in Western Australia. His amazing circus skills, friendly disposition and passion ensures he created a stand out performance every time.
Thursday 27 August
Daffa-Silly-Dilly’s, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm, roving
These stilt walkers, dressed in daffodil costumes will be roving around campus to raise awareness for Daffodil Day.
Famous Sharron, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm, roving
Darlings, grab a selfie with the fabulous Famous Sharron as she roves around campus.
Daffy Dill, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm, roving
Daffy Dill will be roving around campus to raise awareness for Daffodil Day.
For 2015, we want to invite you to be a Park’d performer!
Do you and your friends have a band? Are you part of a circus troupe? Do you sing and play acoustic guitar? Or a bit of opera? Do you dance, act, juggle, play an instrument, walk on stilts, or are a great comedian … and do you want to be paid to share your talent to make Curtin a greater place?
If you said yes, please register your interest by completing our expression of interest form.
Previous Park’d performers
- Retrofit featuring Bob Brisbane (vocals and percussion), Clem (acoustic guitar) and Shane Pooley (double/electric bass and vocals), Retrofit are a unique blend of recent and classic hits delivered within a very unique and visually exciting look.
- Don Smith toured our wide brown country with his inimitable style, winning over audiences of all ages and political persuasions, including a standout performance at The Basement in Sydney for the legendary Amnesty International comedy benefit.
- Justin Burford front man and creative director behind successful Australian rock/pop outfit End Of Fashion.
- Natalia whether performing one of her own wonderfully unique tracks or stylishly covering a hit tune, Natalia’s voice is sure to move you.
- Anderson plays songs you’d forgotten how much you loved.
- Beat-Boxing Workshop will show you how to create a beat in seconds.
- Caricatures by Tel will sketch a caricature for you to keep.
- Cathrine Summers wins over audiences with her on-stage charisma, melodic versatility and playful banter.
- Chris Murphy and his band, Murphy’s Law dominate the corporate and pub band scene in Perth.
- Danni Stefanetti sends country vibes your way.
- Dejavu holds one of Perth’s most diverse and impressive musical repertoires.
- Don Smith is a world-class comedian who wins over audiences of all ages with his inimitable style.
- Famous Sharron wants to make you famous and fabulous!
- Fluro Trash roller skate along to banging beats.
- Gary Benness and Mark Turner carefully craft each song until it oozes with as much ‘cool’ as they can muster.
- Halo provide an acoustic set of sings from Michael Jackson and Crowded House to Jesse J and Adele.
- Italian Trio mix traditional Italian sounds with modern arrangements.
- Jaan Van Hollen will mesmerize you with his juggling skills and crystal balls.
- James Rascale continues the legacy of Cameo Rascale with roving antics that are guaranteed to have any audience on the edge of their seats.
- Jarrad Wall, front man for Jake and the Cowboys, performs his solo pop-rock songs.
- Kal Englishby comes armed with a guitar and has a voice that’s been likened to Tracy Thorn’s.
- Kayla entertains crowds with her acoustic talents.
- Kinetica twist, bend and contort their bodies in breathtaking ways.
- Kirsty Hulka plays the keyboard and ukulele to accompany her dynamic vocals.
- Leah Miche is an indi-folk musician whose songs will soothe and relax you.
- Little Miss Squeezebox enchants with her beautiful vocals and accordion playing.
- Liquid Lounge are all about adding a relaxed lounge feel to every event.
- Marcio and Adam inject an edgy Brazilian style into contemporary music.
- Matty T Wall wrings raw emotion from single notes.
- Mickey Shaked is an experienced solo guitarist and vocalist.
- Nat Ripepi is a highly acclaimed singer songwriter.
- Nikki Rose treats audiences to heartwarming acoustic tunes.
- Riley Pearce will sooth your soul with his folk-roots based songs and covers.
- Ross Vegas combines the ancient arts of circus and vaudeville with the contemporary musical skills of human beat-box and vocal sound FX to create a show unique worldwide.
- Scooby Circus‘s high energy show will captivate and amaze you.
- The Covergirls bring a musical extravaganza that’s part cabaret, part disco, with a dash of pop and lashings of lipstick.
- Wesley Goodlet Jamboree Scouts are an exciting collection of high-class circus and musicians.
Park’d Food Trucks @ Curtin
There’s also a range of pop-up food trucks on campus this semester. Find the locations of your favourites by viewing this week’s Park’d Food Trucks schedule.