Park’d showcases a range of different acts – from stilt walkers to musicians – to entertain you.
For 2015, we want to invite YOU to be a Park’d performer!
Do you and your friends have a band? Are you part of a circus troupe? Do you sing and play acoustic guitar? Or a bit of opera? Do you dance, act, juggle, play an instrument, walk on stilts, or are a great comedian … and do you want to share your talent to make Curtin a greater place?
If you said yes, please register your interest by completing our expression of interest form.
Please note that:
- Individual performers will need to be a registered Curtin student.
- Performance groups will need to have at least one Curtin student as a member.
- You must be willing to perform for at least one hour during semesters between 11 am – 2 pm.
- You must be able to bring along your own equipment and instruments with easy plug-in set up.
Previous Park’d performers
- Retrofit featuring Bob Brisbane (vocals and percussion), Clem (acoustic guitar) and Shane Pooley (double/electric bass and vocals), Retrofit are a unique blend of recent and classic hits delivered within a very unique and visually exciting look.
- Don Smith toured our wide brown country with his inimitable style, winning over audiences of all ages and political persuasions, including a standout performance at The Basement in Sydney for the legendary Amnesty International comedy benefit.
- Justin Burford front man and creative director behind successful Australian rock/pop outfit End Of Fashion.
- Natalia whether performing one of her own wonderfully unique tracks or stylishly covering a hit tune, Natalia’s voice is sure to move you.
- Anderson plays songs you’d forgotten how much you loved.
- Beat-Boxing Workshop will show you how to create a beat in seconds.
- Caricatures by Tel will sketch a caricature for you to keep.
- Cathrine Summers wins over audiences with her on-stage charisma, melodic versatility and playful banter.
- Chris Murphy and his band, Murphy’s Law dominate the corporate and pub band scene in Perth.
- Danni Stefanetti sends country vibes your way.
- Dejavu holds one of Perth’s most diverse and impressive musical repertoires.
- Don Smith is a world-class comedian who wins over audiences of all ages with his inimitable style.
- Famous Sharron wants to make you famous and fabulous!
- Fluro Trash roller skate along to banging beats.
- Gary Benness and Mark Turner carefully craft each song until it oozes with as much ‘cool’ as they can muster.
- Halo provide an acoustic set of sings from Michael Jackson and Crowded House to Jesse J and Adele.
- Italian Trio mix traditional Italian sounds with modern arrangements.
- Jaan Van Hollen will mesmerize you with his juggling skills and crystal balls.
- James Rascale continues the legacy of Cameo Rascale with roving antics that are guaranteed to have any audience on the edge of their seats.
- Jarrad Wall, front man for Jake and the Cowboys, performs his solo pop-rock songs.
- Kal Englishby comes armed with a guitar and has a voice that’s been likened to Tracy Thorn’s.
- Kayla entertains crowds with her acoustic talents.
- Kinetica twist, bend and contort their bodies in breathtaking ways.
- Kirsty Hulka plays the keyboard and ukulele to accompany her dynamic vocals.
- Leah Miche is an indi-folk musician whose songs will soothe and relax you.
- Little Miss Squeezebox enchants with her beautiful vocals and accordion playing.
- Liquid Lounge are all about adding a relaxed lounge feel to every event.
- Marcio and Adam inject an edgy Brazilian style into contemporary music.
- Matty T Wall wrings raw emotion from single notes.
- Mickey Shaked is an experienced solo guitarist and vocalist.
- Nat Ripepi is a highly acclaimed singer songwriter.
- Nikki Rose treats audiences to heartwarming acoustic tunes.
- Riley Pearce will sooth your soul with his folk-roots based songs and covers.
- Ross Vegas combines the ancient arts of circus and vaudeville with the contemporary musical skills of human beat-box and vocal sound FX to create a show unique worldwide.
- Scooby Circus‘s high energy show will captivate and amaze you.
- The Covergirls bring a musical extravaganza that’s part cabaret, part disco, with a dash of pop and lashings of lipstick.
- Wesley Goodlet Jamboree Scouts are an exciting collection of high-class circus and musicians.
Park’d Food Trucks @ Curtin
There’s also a range of pop-up food trucks on campus this semester. Find the locations of your favourites by viewing this week’s Park’d Food Trucks schedule.