Park’d showcases a range of different acts – from stilt walkers to musicians – to entertain you.
Tuesday 3 March
Seka Walandari, roving, 11 am – 1 pm
From charming her many serpents, wildly dancing on razor sharp broken glass and delicately climbing to the stars on a ladder of swords, the mysterious Walandari is sure to enchant. Come hither to be secured and amazed… but be careful not to get too close!
Training and studying in Indonesian dance and performing new generation Balinese/Javanese dance with influences of Isadora Duncan and a love of telling a story through movement, Walandari will wow you with her daredevil antics.
Wednesday 4 March
Urban Gypsies, Sculpture Garden, 11 am – 1 pm
The music performed by the Urban Gypsies is a fiery blend of Latin and Spanish rhythms mixed with jazz harmonies. Their repertoire includes the music of Chick Corea, John Mclaughlin, Egberto Gismonti, Richard Galliano and the Gypsy Kings as well as their original compositions. They also use acoustic guitar synthesisers and effects which give an unusual sonority to two acoustic guitars. What you see is not always what you get!
Thursday 5 March
Reilly Craig, Speakers Corner, 12 pm – 2 pm
An accomplished acoustic guitarist and singer, Reilly Craig has garnered high praise for his haunting originals and lyrical interpretations of well known covers.
His musical talents extend to keyboard, synth, bongo, drums, electric and bass guitar and his unique performance style is enhanced by the use of a “loop station” – adding a richness of sound surpassing most solo performers.
As charming off stage as he is on, Reilly has that ability to adapt to any event, delivering requests and delighting audience and clients alike.
Reilly has supported acts such as Gyroscope, Cloud Control and Matt Gresham and has played to a crowd of 15,000 at Perth Arena.
For 2015, we want to invite you to be a Park’d performer!
Do you and your friends have a band? Are you part of a circus troupe? Do you sing and play acoustic guitar? Or a bit of opera? Do you dance, act, juggle, play an instrument, walk on stilts, or are a great comedian … and do you want to share your talent to make Curtin a greater place?
If you said yes, please register your interest by completing our expression of interest form.
Please note that:
- Individual performers will need to be a registered Curtin student.
- Performance groups will need to have at least one Curtin student as a member.
- You must be willing to perform for at least one hour during semesters between 11 am – 2 pm.
- You must be able to bring along your own equipment and instruments with easy plug-in set up.
Previous Park’d performers
- Retrofit featuring Bob Brisbane (vocals and percussion), Clem (acoustic guitar) and Shane Pooley (double/electric bass and vocals), Retrofit are a unique blend of recent and classic hits delivered within a very unique and visually exciting look.
- Don Smith toured our wide brown country with his inimitable style, winning over audiences of all ages and political persuasions, including a standout performance at The Basement in Sydney for the legendary Amnesty International comedy benefit.
- Justin Burford front man and creative director behind successful Australian rock/pop outfit End Of Fashion.
- Natalia whether performing one of her own wonderfully unique tracks or stylishly covering a hit tune, Natalia’s voice is sure to move you.
- Anderson plays songs you’d forgotten how much you loved.
- Beat-Boxing Workshop will show you how to create a beat in seconds.
- Caricatures by Tel will sketch a caricature for you to keep.
- Cathrine Summers wins over audiences with her on-stage charisma, melodic versatility and playful banter.
- Chris Murphy and his band, Murphy’s Law dominate the corporate and pub band scene in Perth.
- Danni Stefanetti sends country vibes your way.
- Dejavu holds one of Perth’s most diverse and impressive musical repertoires.
- Don Smith is a world-class comedian who wins over audiences of all ages with his inimitable style.
- Famous Sharron wants to make you famous and fabulous!
- Fluro Trash roller skate along to banging beats.
- Gary Benness and Mark Turner carefully craft each song until it oozes with as much ‘cool’ as they can muster.
- Halo provide an acoustic set of sings from Michael Jackson and Crowded House to Jesse J and Adele.
- Italian Trio mix traditional Italian sounds with modern arrangements.
- Jaan Van Hollen will mesmerize you with his juggling skills and crystal balls.
- James Rascale continues the legacy of Cameo Rascale with roving antics that are guaranteed to have any audience on the edge of their seats.
- Jarrad Wall, front man for Jake and the Cowboys, performs his solo pop-rock songs.
- Kal Englishby comes armed with a guitar and has a voice that’s been likened to Tracy Thorn’s.
- Kayla entertains crowds with her acoustic talents.
- Kinetica twist, bend and contort their bodies in breathtaking ways.
- Kirsty Hulka plays the keyboard and ukulele to accompany her dynamic vocals.
- Leah Miche is an indi-folk musician whose songs will soothe and relax you.
- Little Miss Squeezebox enchants with her beautiful vocals and accordion playing.
- Liquid Lounge are all about adding a relaxed lounge feel to every event.
- Marcio and Adam inject an edgy Brazilian style into contemporary music.
- Matty T Wall wrings raw emotion from single notes.
- Mickey Shaked is an experienced solo guitarist and vocalist.
- Nat Ripepi is a highly acclaimed singer songwriter.
- Nikki Rose treats audiences to heartwarming acoustic tunes.
- Riley Pearce will sooth your soul with his folk-roots based songs and covers.
- Ross Vegas combines the ancient arts of circus and vaudeville with the contemporary musical skills of human beat-box and vocal sound FX to create a show unique worldwide.
- Scooby Circus‘s high energy show will captivate and amaze you.
- The Covergirls bring a musical extravaganza that’s part cabaret, part disco, with a dash of pop and lashings of lipstick.
- Wesley Goodlet Jamboree Scouts are an exciting collection of high-class circus and musicians.
Park’d Food Trucks @ Curtin
There’s also a range of pop-up food trucks on campus this semester. Find the locations of your favourites by viewing this week’s Park’d Food Trucks schedule.