This conference is designed for Year 12 high school students studying economics.
The School of Economics, Finance and Property is please to be once again hosting the Year 12 Student Economics Conference.
- Monday 1 July 2019
- 9.30 am to 12.50 pm
- Building 405, Room 201
The 2019 Year 12 Student Economics Conference will feature presentations on the Australian economy, strategies for success in the Economics ATAR course, and several interactive learning activities that relate to the ATAR economics examination.
Active student participation and feedback is promoted and encouraged.Please bring your own device (i.e. smartphone).
Schedule of events
- 9:30am – Welcome and Introductions
- 9:45am – Keynote Presentation – An Overview of the Australian Economy, followed by Q&A – Craig James (Chief Economist at CommSec, Sydney)
- 10:30am – Strategies for Success in the ATAR Economics Examination – Steven Kemp
- 11:00am – Morning Tea
- 11:20am – Interactive Activity 1 – Tackling MCQs in ATAR Economics – co-facilitated by Rhian Bilclough from Shenton College and Andrew Brennan
- 12:05pm – Interactive Activity 2 – Interpreting Economic Trends and Data in the Australian Economy – facilitated by Aaron Walker from the Reserve Bank of Australia
- 12:50pm – close
The 2019 Year 12 Student Economics Conference is a free event, but requires registration to ensure a spot is available to you.
You can download a map of the venue here
For all queries, please contact Ronella or Jo via email at CBS-EF-Engagement@curtin.edu.au