Welcome to the official event page of the 2019 English and Literature Conference. Details will be updated here, periodically, so please check back for more information about the event.
Join us for the 2019 English and Literature Conference at Curtin University.
- Monday 1 - Friday 5 July 2019
- 8am – 4pm
- Curtin University, Kent St, Bentley WA 6102 (Building and room details TBC)
- $38 (GST inclusive)
Through our continued close collaboration with English teachers, and previous WACE/ATAR examiners, we have developed a program that we believe will be informative, relevant and attractive to both students and teachers.
The program features updated English and Literature Conference favourites, as well as new lecture topics that target the main course concepts and reference a variety of new texts.
The lectures are structured to support and challenge secondary students preparing for WACE examinations.
In response to changes made to the curriculum, comments from ATAR markers, examiner recommendations and the overall performance of students in the 2018 examination, we will schedule lectures on the following topics:
- examination techniques for English and/or Literature exams
- close-reading strategies of print and visual texts
- discussions of “voice”, “context” and “genre”
- persuasive, interpretative and imaginative writing
- explorations of thematic and theoretical reading positions
- specific lectures on popular texts for study in both the English and Literature courses.
The Faculty of Humanities at Curtin University continues the proud tradition of hosting this event, which will be in its 33rd year in 2019. We look forward to seeing you at the conference and hope you enjoy the experience.
Subscribe for event updates
Complete the form below to subscribe to our updates for more information.