We are delighted to unveil our program and announce that registrations for the 2019 English and Literature Conference at Curtin University are now open. The conference dates are Monday 24 to Friday June 28.
Join us for the 2019 English and Literature Conference at Curtin University.
- Monday 24 June to Friday 28 June
- 8am – 4pm
- Curtin University, Kent St, Bentley WA 6102 (Building and room details TBC)
- $38 (GST inclusive)
Through our continued close collaboration with English teachers, and previous WACE/ATAR examiners, we have developed a program that we believe will be informative, relevant and attractive to both students and teachers. The program features updated Curtin Conference favourites, as well as new lecture topics that target the main course concepts and reference a variety of new texts. The lectures are structured to support and challenge secondary students preparing for WACE examinations.
In response to examination feedback, teacher surveys and analysis of examination data, we will schedule lectures on the following topics:
- examination techniques for English and/or Literature exams
- close-reading strategies of print and visual texts
- discussions of ‘perspective’, ‘voice’, ‘context and comparison’, ‘genre’ and ‘narrative structure’
- persuasive, interpretative and imaginative writing
- explorations of thematic and theoretical reading positions
- specific lectures on popular texts for study in both the English and Literature courses
Register your group
To register your group, download the registration and program form, complete both sides of the form, and email completed registration and program to Mr Leigh Brennan at L.Brennan@curtin.edu.au.