Fine Art at Curtin University welcomes applications for the Artist in Residence Program for 2020.
Explore a Fine Art Residency with the School of Media, Creative Arts & Social Inquiry at Curtin University
- Applications close 24 July 2020
- Design and Arts Precinct
- Materials and supplies to be provided by the artist
The residency enables professional artists the time and space to develop work, research, engage in the studio learning environment and or just be part of a great collegial and artistic community.
Duration and dates: Monday 3rd August to Friday 13th November 2020
Applications closing date: Friday 24th July 2020
Applicants advised: Monday 27th July 2020
Email applications to: MCASIAdmin@curtin.edu.au
Administrative contacts: Lily Palmer and Elizabeth Hill
About the Residency
What you get
- Allocated studio space with additional access to shared studio/construction space.
- Extensive access to facilities including painting, printmedia and sculpture workshops, 3D digital production workshop, Audio Visual studio, Mac labs and other facilities.
- Appointment of University Associate for the duration of the residency.
- Access to the TL Robertson Library access to colour laserjet printer and photocopier A4 and A3
What we ask of you
- Interaction between students and staff throughout the semester in the form of consultations and an artist talk.
- Help and assistance in the studio when required.
- Min 2 days in studio per week through the residency
- Contribution of a small work for the Degree Show Fundraiser
Your application needs to include
- Current artistic CV (max. 2 pages)
- Artist statement (max. 200 words)
- Residency statement outlining what outcomes you would like to achieve (max. 250 words)
- The residency does not provide a stipend or funding.
- Materials and supplies to be provided by the artist.
- Students are ineligible to apply.
- Selection for the artist in residence is at the discretion of the residency selection panel.