Fine Art at Curtin University welcomes applications for the Artist in Residence Program for 2021.
Explore a Fine Art Residency with the School of Media, Creative Arts & Social Inquiry at Curtin University
- Applications close Friday 12 March 2021
- Design and Arts Precinct
- Materials and supplies to be provided by the artist
The residency enables professional artists the time and space to develop work, research, engage in the studio learning environment, and just be part of a great collegial and artistic community.
Duration and dates: Wednesday 17 March to Friday 18 June 2021
Applications closing date: Friday 12 March 2021
Applicants advised: Monday 15 March 2021
Email applications to: MCASIAdmin@curtin.edu.au
Administrative contacts: Charlene Bolo and Elizabeth Hill
About the Residency
What you get
- Allocated studio space with additional access to shared studio/construction space.
- Extensive access to facilities including painting, print media and sculpture workshops, 3D digital production workshop, Audio Visual studio, Mac labs and other facilities.
- Appointment of University Associate for the duration of the residency.
- Access to the TL Robertson Library, access to colour laserjet printer and photocopier A4 and A3.
What we ask of you
- Interaction between students and staff throughout the semester in the form of consultations and an artist talk.
- Help and assistance in the studio when required.
- Minimum two days in studio per week through the residency.
- Contribution of a small work for the Degree Show Fundraiser.
Your application needs to include
- Current artistic CV (max. 2 pages).
- Artist statement (max. 200 words).
- Residency statement outlining what outcomes you would like to achieve (max. 250 words).
- The residency does not provide a stipend or funding.
- Materials and supplies to be provided by the artist.
- Students are ineligible to apply.
- Selection for the Artist in Residence is at the discretion of the residency selection panel.