Fine Art at Curtin University welcomes applications for the Artist in Residence Program for Semester 2 2019.
The residency enables professional artists the time and space to develop work, research, engage in the studio learning environment and or just be part of a great collegial and artistic community.
- Applications close Friday 26 July 2019
- Curtin University, Kent St, Bentley WA 6102
What you get:
- Allocated studio space with additional access to shared studio/construction space.
- Extensive access to facilities including painting, printmedia and sculpture workshops, 3D digital production workshop, Audio Visual studio, Mac labs and other facilities.
- Appointment of University Associate for the duration of the residency.
- Access to the TL Robertson Library, with access to colour laserjet printer and photocopier A4 and A3.
What we ask of you:
- Interaction between students and staff throughout the semester in the form of consultations and an artist talk
- Help and assistance in the studio when required
- Minimum 2 days in studio per week throughout the residency
- Contribution of a small work for the Degree Show Fundraiser.
- The residency does not provide a stipend or funding
- Materials and supplies to be provided by the artist
- Students are ineligible to apply
- Selection for the artist in residence is at the discretion of the residency selection panel.
Apply for the fine art residency
- Duration of residency: Monday 5 August to Friday 22 November 2019
- Applications close: Friday 26 July 2019
- Applicants advised: Wednesday 31st July 2019
Your application needs to include:
- Current artistic CV (max. 2 pages)
- Artist statement (max. 200 words)
- Residency statement outlining what outcomes you would like to achieve (max. 250 words)
Submit your email application to MCASIAdmin@curtin.edu.au by Friday 26 July 2019 to be considered for our fine art residency.
Administrative Contact: Liz Lewis