Digital & Technology Solutions invites you to play a key role in shaping the future of digital at Curtin.
Join a workshop in November or December and share how you use and experience technology in your studies and campus life. Participants will receive a personal letter of thanks from the Vice-Chancellor.
- Wednesday 27 November or Wednesday 11 December
- 9 am - 4 pm
- Building 410, Room 201
Throughout November and December, Curtin’s Digital & Technology Solutions team will be hosting a full day workshop to discuss how you currently use and experience technology in your studies and daily campus life.
Why get involved?
This is an exciting opportunity, for students across all fields of study, to contribute to Curtin’s digital strategy planning process.
By participating in a workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Share your current challenges and pain points around your digital experience at Curtin.
- Get hands on exposure to the strategic planning process for one of WA’s largest single site employers.
- Help identify common themes and contribute to recommendations, which will be delivered to Curtin’s Senior Executive Team.
- Help inform Curtin’s Digital Strategy, and will also feed directly into Curtin’s Strategic Plan for 2021-2025.
Vice Chancellor, Professor Deborah Terry would like to personally acknowledge the valuable contribution of all student participants in this important process. If you participate in a workshop, you’ll receive a personal letter of thanks from the Vice-Chancellor.
You’ll also receive morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
What will the workshop involve?
The focus of the day will be to answer the question “How might a digitally enabled Curtin deliver a better experience for our students and student support staff?”
The full day’s agenda will consist of three parts, including:
Part One: Building a broader perspective
- Hearing directly from students, researchers and staff on their experiences at Curtin. Understanding our approaches to innovation, the measures that drive our work and how digital enables this.
- Broadening our understanding of the complexities in delivering services to our stakeholders, exploring what drives our digital innovation and reconnecting with why we are here.
Part Two: Defining the gaps and challenges
- Targeted roundtable discussions on the identified gaps and digital challenges that impact our stakeholders and day to day work. Brainstorming the areas of greatest opportunity for Curtin.
- Building a shared understanding of Curtin’s digital eco-system and the challenges that prevent us from delivering the greatest value to our students, researchers and staff.
Part Three: Agree the opportunities and recommendations
- Reflecting on and defining the digital themes that offer the greatest impact for our students, researchers and staff.
- Agreeing on our collective recommendations to SET on ‘how might we’ evolve the digital space at Curtin and create solutions that just work.
How do I register?
To be part of this valuable process, please register for one of the workshops listed below:
- Register for Wednesday 27 November – Student and Support staff experience
- Register for Wednesday 11 December – Student and Support staff experience
Further details will be provided to registered attendees via email at least one week prior to the workshop.
If you have any queries, please contact Jessica Friend, on +61 8 9266 3978 or email email@example.com.