If you’re thinking of pursuing a career as a researcher, find out about what’s involved at an info session at Curtin Open Day.
Come along to a free one-hour event to learn about becoming a researcher.
- Sunday 2 August (at our annual Open Day event)
- 10.30 am to 11.30 am
- Norman Dufty Lecture Theatre (Building 210, Room 102), Bentley Campus
During this one-hour session you will learn about the following:
- required educational/ academic requirements to pursue future employment in a research role
- the types of responsibilities and work activities that are part of working in a research role
- examples of the types of research programs and collaborations with other universities, industry and/ or government agencies
- the skills, personal attributes and attitudes/ values that are essential in making a candidate a good fit for a career in research
- recommended strategies, actions and activities for a student aspiring to develop a career in research, in order to make them a competitive candidate for postgraduate study applications and employment in a research role
- the most enjoyable aspects and challenges of being a researcher.
Register for this event via Eventbrite.
Why pursue a Higher Degree by Research?
A higher degree by research enables you to:
• enhance your career prospects (even if your research is not directly related to your job, employers will frequently look favourably on someone who has taken up this challenge)
• gain intellectual stimulation
• develop your analytical skills
• pursue an area of interest in greater depth.