Come down to the Curtin Stadium on campus for some socialising, lunch, and great games of beach volleyball!
Beach volleyball is a great way to meet new people, let out some energy and have a great time during the semester break.
- Wednesday 12 January 2022
- 10am to 1pm
- Curtin Stadium
- $7 per person (includes equipment hire and catering).
This really easy game will be taught on the day to any new players, before you’re split into teams of 7-8 students and sent out to play across the two stadium pits!
Limited to 35 students, this event is fully catered and facilitated. There is a $7 cost to students.
- 10am: Students arrive at the stadium and register near the fields.
- 10.20am: Volleyball games officially begin!
- 12pm: Catered Subway lunch to be enjoyed either on the oval, or around the stadium
- 1pm: Event officially concludes
WHAT TO BRING
Bring your sneakers, some comfortable clothing, and a water bottle, and be ready for a great couple of hours! You may also want to bring a hat and sunscreen as you may want to sit in the sun during lunch. We encourage students not to bring valuable items including jewellery or identity documents like passports, unless they are being used as photo ID.
Please include your dietary requirements in your booking so that we can cater for it in our subway order (vegetarians and halal requirements are already catered for, so please advise us of any additional allergies or requirements).
This activity is only available to international students currently enrolled in a course at Curtin University, continuing from 2021, or beginning in 2022.
During the activity, Curtin students are expected to behave according to the Curtin Student Charter. Please familiarise yourself with these expectations prior to registering for this activity as an inability to follow these may lead to your removal from the activity.
Places are limited so register now to book your spot! Please use your Curtin student email to register for the event. Registrations using non-Curtin email addresses will not be valid.
To register, please visit the registration page.
By signing up to this activity, you declare that you are an international student over the age of 18* who is currently enrolled at Curtin and have read the information and documents above. You also agree to:
- declare any medical or accessibility requirements that facilitators must be aware of and inform the facilitators of any illnesses or injuries on the day.
- behave according to the Curtin Student Charter requirements and accept that any violation of the Charter may result in your removal from the activity.
- immediately inform the university of your withdrawal from an activity. Any withdrawal 48 hours or less prior to the activity, without reasonable cause, may result in a refund being denied.
*If you are under the age of 18, please contact us on 9266 3954 for further information on how to proceed.
For any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org