Race around Perth city finding clues and discovering its character as you battle with other teams to be the first to return, then hang out with other Curtin international students also staying in Perth and socialise over some Subway lunch!
Our team has created a giant scavenger hunt around Perth City!
- Tuesday 21 December 2021
- 9.30am to 1pm
- Elizabeth Quay (near the large white statue of the concentric circles)
- $6 (includes catering and the scavenger hunt resources)
Our team has created a giant scavenger hunt around Perth City! Starting from Elizabeth Quay (in front of the large white statue with concentric circles), you and your team will race around, collecting clues, taking pictures, seeing sights and completing little tasks! The first couple of teams to return will win a grand prize.
You are welcome to join us in teams of 3-5, or we will allocate them on the day, you can work with friends or meet new people and forge your friendship as you work through the challenges.
When the teams return to the final destination, you can grab some Subway catered lunch and cool down in the shade, and then venture out for an afternoon of exploring the city! Please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies for the lunch catering order (vegetarian and halal are already catered for).
Please bring a water bottle and hat, and wear sunscreen as it will be a hot day. We encourage students not to bring valuable items including jewellery or identity documents like passports, unless they are being used as photo ID.
- 9.30am: Arrive at Elizabeth Quay to collect materials and form into teams
- 9:45am: Scavenger Hunt begins!
- 11:45am: Groups will start to return to the end destination for lunch
- 12:15pm: Subway catering will arrive for lunch (for the late returners)
- 1pm: event officially concludes, and students are welcome to keep exploring the city.
This activity is only available to international students currently enrolled in a course at Curtin University, continuing from 2021, or beginning in 2022.
Places are limited so please book your spot! Please use your Curtin student email to register for the event. Registrations using non-Curtin email addresses will not be valid.
To register, please visit the registration page.
During the activity, Curtin students are expected to behave according to the Curtin Student Charter. Please familiarise yourself with these expectations prior to registering for this activity as an inability to follow these may lead to your removal from the activity.
By signing up to this activity, you declare that you are an international student over the age of 18* who is currently enrolled at Curtin and have read the information and documents above. You also agree to:
- declare any medical or accessibility requirements that facilitators must be aware of and inform the facilitators of any illnesses or injuries on the day.
- behave according to the Curtin Student Charter requirements and accept that any violatison of the Charter may result in your removal from the activity.
- immediately inform the university of your withdrawal from an activity. Any withdrawal 48 hours or less prior to the activity, without reasonable cause, may result in a refund being denied.
*If you are under the age of 18, please contact us on 9266 3954 for further information on how to proceed.
For any additional information, please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there!