Varsity is located opposite Curtin University in the Waterford shopping centre complex on Manning Road, and is a 5-10 minute walk from the main ovals.
Bring yourself and your brainy pals and join us at Varsity Waterford for dinner and a quiz night!
- Monday 13 December 2021
- 6.45pm to 9pm
- Varsity, 55/230 Manning Road
- $10 per person (includes subsidised catering). Additional money required for any beverages purchased.
For students taking public transport, the venue is easily accessible via the 30, 101 and 100 buses which depart from Canning Bridge Station and the Perth Busport. Please do not drive if you are considering drinking.
- 6:45PM: Students arrive at Varsity, sign in and purchase any drinks that they would like.
- 7:00PM: The quiz commences, and the varsity staff will bring out various group platters.
- 9:00PM: The quiz and catering finishes. The event officially finishes though students can stay in the bar until closing.
- 12:00PM: Varsity closes, and all remaining students are required to depart.
Please bring photographic identification (a driver’s licence or passport) to enter Varsity. Under 18s are permitted to enter the venue and participate, as adult staff members will be in attendance, however under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence for anyone under 18 to purchase or consume alcohol.
While Curtin will subsidise the cost of the catering, please bring any additional money (and your ID) to purchase any beverages on the night, if you are over 18 years old you are permitted to purchase alcoholic beverages. We encourage students not to bring valuable items including jewellery or identity documents like passports, unless they are being used as photo ID.
Please wear enclosed shoes in the venue.
Please confirm your dietary requirements as soon as possible so that we can confirm the catering order. Vegetarian requirements are already catered, so please just share any additional requirements or allergies.
This activity is only available to international students currently enrolled in a course at Curtin University, continuing from 2021, or beginning in 2022.
During the activity, Curtin students are expected to behave according to the Curtin Student Charter. Please familiarise yourself with these expectations prior to registering for this activity as an inability to follow these may lead to your removal from the activity. For this event, excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated, please ensure that you drink responsibly.
Places are limited so register now to book your spot! Please use your Curtin student email to register for the event. Registrations using non-Curtin email addresses will not be valid.
To register for this event, please visit the registration page.
We look forward to seeing you there!
By signing up to this activity, you declare that you are an international student over the age of 18* who is currently enrolled at Curtin and have read the information and documents above. You also agree to:
- behave in accordance with the Liquor Control Act 1988, including only purchasing alcohol if you are over 18 years old, and drinking responsibly.
- declare any medical or accessibility requirements that facilitators must be aware of and inform the facilitators of any illnesses or injuries on the day.
- behave according to the Curtin Student Charter requirements and accept that any violation of the Charter may result in your removal from the activity.
- immediately inform the university of your withdrawal from an activity. Any withdrawal 48 hours or less prior to the activity, without reasonable cause, may result in a refund being denied.
*If you are under the age of 18, please contact us on 9266 3954 for further information on how to proceed.
For any additional information, please email email@example.com