Give back to the community, network with business leaders and learn to row…
Join Curtin AHEAD is a four week Learn to Row program which also includes networking breakfasts and keynote speakers.
- September 20 - 17 October 2015
- Curtin University Boat Club in Manning
- $1,000 per person ($8,000 for a team)
We are pleased to invite you and a group of your employees, to join us in supporting the Curtin AHEAD Program by embarking on a unique professional development opportunity as participants of the Leadership Learn to Row Program.
Leadership Learn to Row is a four week learn to row program at Curtin University Boat Club in Manning WA, offered together with networking breakfasts and a leadership keynote speaking series at Curtin University, Bentley Campus. Taking place between September 20 – October 17 2015.
Funds raised, are tax deductible and support the community, as they are reinvested into the educational outreach work of Curtin AHEAD – A charity that works to raise the aspirations of students and disengaged learners in schools and communities from low socioeconomic, rural, regional and Indigenous backgrounds. See more on How we Help.
More specifically, this program will raise funds for Row AHEAD an academic mentoring and learn to row program for students at Clontarf Aboriginal College.
Networking Breakfast Speaker program:
Master of Ceremony
- Dr Linley Lord, Director Curtin Leadership Centre, Chair of Academic Board, Director Maureen Bickley Centre for Women in Leadership, Curtin Graduate School of Business
Panel (24 September 2015)
- Mr Glen Loftus, (Olympic Rower Silver Medallist, Athens Games 2004), Director Nu-Look Windows, Past High Performance Director at Rowing WA
- Mr Craig James, (International Umpire Beijing Games 2008), Principal Lawyer at Slater & Gordon Lawyers, Appointed Director Rowing WA
- Mr David Rose, President Rowing WA, Director Advisory Services KPMG, Deputy Chairman Leadership WA, David Rose Consulting Pty Ltd, former Oxford Blue and Mining Sector Consultant, former General Manager Argyle Diamond Mines
Keynote (1 October 2015)
- Dr Nicky Howe, CEO Southcare Inc, Leadership and Management Coach, Business Builder, Writer and Philanthropist
Keynote (8 October 2015)
- Mr Colin Beckett, Chancellor Curtin University, Non-Executive Chairman Perth Airport Pty Ltd, former General Manager Gorgon LNG, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd
Panel (15 October 2015)
- Professor David Gilchrist, Director Curtin Not-for-profit Initiative, Australian Accounting Standards Board Academic Advisory Panel, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Dr Anne Aly, Associate Professor School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts, International Relations Expert on Counter Terrorism, former Senior Policy Officer Western Australian Government, Awarded 2013 Financial Review/Westpac 100 Women of Influence
- Ms Janet Sutherland, Clinical Professional Fellow Curtin Business School, former Director of Masters in Business Leadership and Program Manager AusAID Leadership for Development Program, Curtin Graduate Business School
- Mrs Ganit Poleg-Spark, Conflict Management Consultant, Meditator, Facilitator Curtin University, Principal Consultant GPS Finding Your Way in Conflict, Leadership Coach
At Curtin AHEAD we believe that education empowers people and provides opportunities that change lives.
We offer a variety of awareness, aspiration-raising and capability building projects for school students and the community.
To sustain our programs we are looking to connect with corporates to generate partners to participate in the following program.