Join us for a breakfast workshop which will include discussion and techniques for refining Science assessment writing and question design.
- Friday 31 May 2019
- 7:30am to 9:30am
- Curtin University, Building 209: Room 228, Kent Street, Bentley, WA 6012
- Standard $50 (includes light breakfast) Curtin staff and students $25 (includes light breakfast - please bring along staff and student card as proof)
As assessment continues to drive curriculum, the challenge is to create balanced, valid, educative and purposeful assessments that successfully cover all aspects of the curriculum. Mapping assessments ensure that the appropriate breadth and depth of content are incorporated into the tasks, such that differentiation is achieved.
Techniques that teachers can use to achieve this will be presented. The session will include analysis and critique of assessments, discussion and techniques for refining assessment writing and question design.
This assessment workshop will assist teachers and pre-service teachers to bring together all aspects of assessment writing to produce effective formative and summative assessment. All teachers are welcome – please bring along your assessments and tests.
- What will you gain through attending this workshop?
• Enhanced knowledge and skills related to assessment writing and mapping
• Development of purposeful and valid formative and summative assessment
• Opportunity for focussed personal reflection
• Networking with other educators
- Additional Benefits
• Templates for mapping assessments
• A plan for the implementation of assessment mapping
• A plan for introducing the techniques to colleagues
• A certificate of completion of the workshop
- Workshop Schedule
• Registration and light breakfast
• Welcome and introduction
• Session 1 – revisit assessment: what is it? what is it’s true purpose?
• Session 2 – What does effective assessment look like?
– Writing questions that assess effectively and rigorously
– Analysis of assessments brought in by participants and assessment samples provided.
- • Session 3 –mapping assessments: why and how?
– Participants map assessments brought to the workshop
• Session 4 – general discussion and evaluation
All teachers are welcome – please bring along your assessments and tests.