The Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute is hosting a seminar, “Perth as a City of Innovation – the Built Environment Contribution” at the State Theatre Centre in Perth.
Free public seminar hosted by the CUSP Institute
- Monday 21 September 2015
- 3 pm to 6 pm
- Studio Underground at Heath Ledger Theatre , 174-176 William Street, Perth
The seminar will focus on innovation in the built environment and discuss the potential that current projects and initiatives have for major economic growth in Perth.
Curtin Vice-Chancellor, Professor Deborah Terry AO will deliver the welcoming address, and the opening address will be delivered by the Lord Mayor of Perth, The Right Honourable, Lisa Scaffidi, who will also launch a new book by Professor Peter Newman, ‘The End of Automobile Dependence’.
Topics discussed will include:
- Professor Peter Newman AO, John Curtin Distinguished Professor of Sustainability: ‘Global Cities and Innovation: How Can Perth Respond. Application to Perth activity centres including Greater Curtin, and ideas for funding light rail.
- Josh Byrne, CUSP Research Fellow: ‘High Performance Housing: Josh’s 10 Star House research and White Gum Valley (WGV) innovations’.
- Jemma Green, CUSP Research Fellow: ‘Disruptive Innovation and Cities: Solar Energy Storage and Modular Construction in Perth’.
- Martin Mileham, Director of City Planning and Development: ‘Perth Planning and the Economy’.