The Careers and Employment Centre has organised a fortnight of career focused events and online resources for Curtin postgraduate students (both course work and research) which is happening between 5 – 16 May 2014.
Get involved in a fortnight of career focused events and access a pile of online resources for Curtin postgraduate students.
- 5 - 16 May 2014
Here is a selection of what’s on offer:
- Discover the latest labour market trends in WA – Guest Speaker from the Department of Training and Workforce Development (14 May 12 – 2 pm)
- Academic Careers Panel (14 May 6 – 7 pm)
- Commercialisation at Curtin presentation (13 May 2 – 4 pm)
- Where will my postgrad degree take me? (Workshops on 5 May 4 – 5 pm & 13 May 12 – 1 pm)
- Find out about career options for international postgrads looking to work in Australia (8 May 6 – 7.30 pm)
- Learn about yourself and how your interests, values, skills and experiences influence your career decisions (events and online resources)
- An ‘after 5’ networking event for postgrads and employers in the City (15 May 5.30 – 7.30 pm)
- Resume writing, personal branding, interview techniques, job search strategies, using LinkedIn effectively and how to make a career choice (workshops and online resources)
- Free morning tea – an opportunity for postgrads to meet the careers team, here to support their specific needs as Curtin postgrads (5 May 10 – 11.30 am). Interested staff are also very welcome to pop in for a cuppa!
Our brand new online resources for postgrads will also be available from Monday 5 May on the Careers for Tomorrow website.
Where possible, we will iLecture events, so that students who are unable to get on to campus will still be able to benefit from the various sessions on offer (when permission from external speakers has been granted to record the session).
More information about the events happening during the fortnight is available at Careers and Employment Centre Events (registration and login to Careerhub required).