Orientation is how we welcome new students to the Curtin Community and get you ready for your studies.
Semester 2 Orientation Week runs from Monday 28 July to Friday 1 August 2014.
- Monday 28 July to Friday 1 August 2014
- Curtin University Bentley Campus
It’ll help you prepare for all the challenges that uni life throws at you, whether it’s finding your first class, navigating Robertson Library or learning who can help if you have issues. Not to mention it’s heaps of fun checking out free entertainment and meeting new friends. Orientation is compulsory, but we promise it won’t feel like a chore.
During orientation you’ll do lots of different things, such as:
- Become an expert on campus, and find out where your classrooms and study areas are.
- Organise your administrative details like your Student ID card and fees.
- Learn how parking works at Curtin, as well as other transport options.
- Find out where you can get help and support on campus.
- Meet your student mentor- a current Curtin student in the same course as you who is able to assist you with your transition into university. A mentor is easily able to communicate to you what life as a student is like.
- Meet faculty staff who can answer your study related questions and the academic staff who are itching to teach you lots of good stuff.
- You’ll find out about the huge variety of social, community and fun stuff you can participate in on campus; uni life isn’t just about study.
- Meet other new students studying your course.
You can start early by learning a few Curtin words:
Prepare for Semester 2 Orientation Week by visiting the Orientation website.