Surveying and reconstructing the HMAS Sydney and HSK Kormoran
Presentation on the ‘Two Lost Ships’ project, documenting the World War 2 shipwreck sites of the HMAS Sydney II and HSK Kormoran.
- Monday 31 August 2015
- 6.30 pm Registration, 7.00pm to 8.30 pm Presentation
- Elizabeth Jolley Lecture Theatre, Building 210:101, Curtin University, Kent Street, Bentley
As part of Curtin Research Week 2015, Curtin’s Office of Research and Development and the WA Museum will host a unique public lecture on different aspects of the Sydney-Kormoran Project, which will document, conserve and interpret the World War II shipwreck sites of the HMAS Sydney II and HSK Kormoran for future generations.
Curtin researchers will provide insights on the following:
- Dr Andrew Hutchison, Design Senior Lecturer: background to, and scope of the project
- Dr Andrew Woods, Technical Manager in the Curtin HIVE: project technology and data
- Mr Paul Nicholls, Director in the Office of Research and Development: scientific aspects of the project
- Dr Laura Machuca Suarez, Chemical Engineering Lecturer: rusticle sample processing
- Mr Joshua Hollick, Visual Technology Specialist: 3D reconstruction.
We hope you are able to join us for an interesting insight into this important heritage project.