Curtin University has recognised nine healthcare community leaders for their outstanding dedication and leadership by conferring them the title of “Adjunct”.
The Adjunct appointments were made by the Faculty of Health Sciences to health industry experts who had a significant record of public service, an established professional reputation and an ability to contribute to the development of the Faculty.
Professor Michael Berndt, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Health Sciences said the honour recognised each person’s contribution to the quality of healthcare available to Western Australians.
“Curtin is delighted to have such prominent health leaders helping to provide strategic insight and advice,” Professor Berndt said.
“Each of the new Adjuncts have made meaningful differences in the healthcare arena. They are outstanding professionals, and worthy recipients of this significant honour.”
“We are looking forward to working with these talented health leaders.”
The appointment of the title “Adjunct” signifies the start of a closer relationship between a University and an expert working in the field. The title is awarded for three years or until the Adjunct resigns from the appointment.
The following Adjuncts were conferred at an official ceremony held at Curtin University on Tuesday 22 October:
- Adjunct Clinical Fellow, Dr Fiona Ronsberg, General Practitioner at Kinetic Health, Rockingham;
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Dr Tze Lai, Co-Director at Murdoch Eye Associates;
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Dr Robert Kilpatrick, Ophthalmologist at Joondalup Health Campus;
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Dr David Sleator, Specialist Anaesthetist and Chairman of the Institute of Mind and Behavioural Sciences;
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Dr Jenny Deague, Director of Cardiology at Joondalup Health Campus;
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Professor Michael Veltman, Director of Anaesthesia at Joondalup Health Campus;
- Adjunct Professor, Professor Markus Melloh, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Rheumatologist;
- Adjunct Professor, Alasdair Millar, Director of General Medicine at Albany Hospital; and
- Adjunct Professor, Professor Robert Pearce, Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon at Hollywood Private Hospital.
The Faculty of Health Sciences currently has 200 active Adjunct appointments with experts across all fields of healthcare who assist Curtin in areas of research, teaching, curriculum development and partnerships with industry.
Susanna Wolz, Public Relations Consultant, Curtin University
Tel: +61 8 9266 9085 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org