Curtin University’s Business School (CBS) has launched its Asia Business Centre (ABC) in Singapore, with the aim of strengthening academic, industry and government ties between the School and the region.
The ABC was launched at an event in Singapore, hosted by Australia’s High Commissioner to Singapore, Mr Philip Green OAM, and attended by Curtin Chancellor, Mr Colin Beckett, Vice-Chancellor, Professor Deborah Terry, members of the ABC Advisory Board, as well as Australian and Asian business leaders.
“The formation of the Asia Business Centre highlights the importance of forging a closer and more productive relationship between Asian organisations and academic institutions,” Professor Terry said.
“The ABC is built around the high standard of Curtin’s research expertise, executive education capability, organisational structures and industry and community engagement.
“These qualities will make the ABC a leading business-oriented research and executive education centre, and a recognised leader in the region.”
The primary objectives of the Asia Business Centre are to:
- Contribute to research that is relevant to business in Asia and Australia
- Establish a network of industry connections and researchers who are making significant contributions relevant to Asia
- Establish a network of institutions with common objectives to promote a deeper understanding of business and economics in Asia
- Develop closer ties between CBS and high-value academic, educational and industry organisations in Asia
- Promote, expand and leverage the current Asia-capabilities of CBS in its functional academic areas
- Bring together influential leaders in government, industry and academia to develop a range of projects and initiatives.
The ABC will be headed by Professor John Evans. The Inaugural Chair of the ABC Advisory Board is Mr Azran Osman-Rani, CEO of AirAsia X.
Further information on the ABC is available at www.business.curtin.edu.au/abc
More information on the Asia Business Centre
Additional information about the Asia Business Centre is available on the CBS website: www.business.curtin.edu.au/abc