Are you passionate about sustainability and reducing environmental impact? Join the opportunity to design and collaborate for an on-campus reusable cup washing station.
Brought to you by Curtin Cuts the Cups and Engineers without Borders, and facilitated by the Phoenix Team of John Curtin Leadership Academy, this design-a-thon will play an important step in reducing (and eventually, eliminating) disposable cups at Curtin.
You will be collaborating with a diverse range of students across different courses and gain insights to what they can bring to the design process.
To participate in the design-a-thon, you will need to:
- Attend three Design Thinking methodology workshops to learn tools and skills to create a testable prototype.
- Attend a two-day intensive during the mid-semester break (6 – 10 September) where you will receive expert mentoring to assist in refining your design for presentation to a judging panel.
- Workshop 1: Tuesday 17 August, 5pm to 7pm | Information session and introduction to circular economy | Venue: 501:117
- Workshop 2: Tuesday 24 August, 5pm to 7pm | Design thinking methodology | Venue: 501:117
- Workshop 3: Tuesday 31 August, 5pm to 7pm | Realistic innovation | Venue: 501:117
- Intensive: Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 September, 8:30am to 5pm | Venue: 300:217
Participants will receive a Tier 1 Curtin Extra recognition by participating in the workshops and design-a-thon (minimum 20 hours combined).
To register your interest, complete this registration form before 5pm Monday 16 August.
If you have any questions, contact the Phoenix Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.