I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and enjoyed the easing of restrictions following the recent COVID-19 outbreak in WA.
The Premier has now confirmed that restrictions will ease further for the remainder of the week. The following measures will apply to Curtin’s Perth campuses and venues from 12.01am Tuesday 6 July to 12.01am Monday 12 July:
- The University will reopen.
- Face masks are no longer required outdoors where physical distancing is possible, but must be worn indoors, including at work, and on public transport. Guidance around the use of face masks at Curtin, including exceptions from use, can be found here.
- Anyone travelling out of the Perth or Peel areas must wear a mask indoors and outside when physical distancing is not possible.
- Curtin venues which were closed over the past week, including the libraries, Stadium, multifaith venues and the John Curtin Gallery will re-open with a limit of 150 patrons and the two square metre rule applied.
- Teaching activities from Tuesday 6 July to Sunday 12 July is limited to 150 students and the two square metre rule is applied.
- Events planned for this period can proceed if they are limited to 150 people, the two square metre rule is applied and all Government requirements are adhered to. Any questions should be referred to Curtin Health and Safety.
- Physical distancing and good personal hygiene measures must be maintained at all Curtin sites.
- All campus users must continue to scan in or sign the contact register where the SafeWA QR code is displayed, and are encouraged to download and use Curtin’s SafeZone app. It is more important than ever for us not to become complacent about these steps.
- Any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 must be reported to Curtin’s Safer Community Team immediately on 9266
Please have a mask available at all times, as restrictions can be imposed at short notice. I suggest you keep spare masks at home, at work and in your vehicle, to ensure you can always access one.
This further relaxation of restrictions is very positive and I hope we can soon return to pre-lockdown conditions welcoming all students back our Perth campuses.