The Premier has confirmed that, pending ongoing health advice, all remaining COVID-19 restrictions for the Perth and Peel areas will be lifted from 12.01am on Monday 12 July.
The following protocols will then be in place at Curtin’s Perth and Peel campuses and venues:
- Face masks will no longer be required. However, members of the Curtin community may choose to wear masks when they are unable to physically distance themselves from others.
- Events can proceed if they meet the relevant. Any questions should be referred to Curtin Health and Safety.
- If you are feeling unwell or develop symptoms of respiratory illness, do not come on to campus. Get tested for COVID-19 and stay at home until you receive a negative result and your symptoms pass.
- Any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 must be reported to Curtin’s Safer Community Team immediately on 9266 4444. They are available 24/7.
- Physical distancing and good personal hygiene measures must be maintained at all Curtin sites.
- All campus users must continue to scan in or sign the contact register where the SafeWA QR code is displayed, and are encouraged to download and use Curtin’s SafeZone app. It is more important than ever for us not to become complacent about these steps.
I’d like to remind everyone that COVID-19 vaccines are available to eligible students from our Perth Campus medical centre. You can book appointments online, and the vaccine is free. For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination program visit the Roll Up for WA website or call 13 COVID (13 268 43).
Even if the requirement to wear a mask is removed, please keep one easily accessible in case circumstances change.
I hope you all have a relaxing and restful weekend and I look forward to seeing you on campus soon.
Professor Harlene Hayne