NOTICE OF ELECTION
ONE POSTGRADUATE STUDENT MEMBER TO THE UNIVERSITY COUNCIL
Curtin University Act 1966 (WA)
(for a term of office from 4 August 2022 to 3 August 2023)
When nominations closed on Wednesday, 6 July 2022, five (5) nominations for the election of a postgraduate student member to the University Council had been received.
The candidates are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Richard Adjei Dwumfour
- Jake Kordyl
- Hameed Mohammad
- Ayomide Ogundipe
- K. A. Vishaal
Candidate profiles and photographs, instructions and other requirements relating to the voting process, and the election schedule can be found on the ballot webpage.
The election will be conducted using Curtin University’s electronic voting system ‘Simply Voting’. On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 all postgraduate students of the University will receive a generated email from Simply Voting which contains an Elector ID, a randomly generated password and a link to the Simply Voting website.
Please note, the generated email from Simply Voting may be received in your junk email box. Please ensure that you check your junk mail if you cannot find the email.
If you have previously unsubscribed to Simply Voting emails received in relation to any other election conducted by Curtin University, you will not receive an email from Simply Voting. In order to vote in this election, you are required to resubscribe to receive Simply Voting emails. To resubscribe, please contact the Secretariat via email email@example.com
Once you have accessed the Simply Voting website, the list of candidates will appear in a random order. If the candidate has provided a statement supporting their case for election or a photograph, you may click on their name to view the statement and/or photograph.
In this election:
- Voting will begin at 10:00am on Tuesday, 19 July 2022 and close at 5:00pm on Tuesday, 2 August 2022. Please note that Simply Voting will not accept votes outside of these times.
- Votes will be counted electronically using the optional preferential system.
- You must vote for at least one (1) candidate.
- Place the numeral “1” in the box beside your candidate of first preference.
- You may choose to express a preference for some or all of the remaining candidates. Place the numerals “2”, “3”, “4” and “5” in numerical order in the box beside the candidate or candidates for whom you wish to express a second or any subsequent preference.
- Simply Voting will invite you to check your ballot choices before you submit your vote.
- Once the vote is confirmed, it may not be recalled and you will not be able to vote again.
Counting of votes and announcement of election result
Votes will be counted as soon as practicable after the voting period ends.
The candidate that receives the highest number of votes, following the distribution of preferences, will be declared elected to the Council.
The result of the election will be declared by the Returning Officer on Thursday, 4 August 2022 and all candidates will be notified of the election result in writing.
Director, Secretariat and Council Secretary