This week, we encourage you to focus on Sensory and Physical self-care elements.
Sensory self-care activities are intended to drive a deeper connection between you and your five senses, while physical self-care consist of activities that improve the wellbeing of your physical health.
Both are equally important and achievable. Here are some steps to get you started:
- Avoid crowds and loud noises.
- Create a playlist of songs that soothe and calm you.
- Lie down on the ground for a few minutes.
- Light a candle in a dark room and sit in silence.
- Make (or treat yourself to) a fancy coffee drink.
- Find a shop with tea, coffee or spices and enjoy the free scents.
- Get a massage.
- Go out and spend 10 minutes under the sun.
- Go to bed early.
- Know and use your self-soothing activities, like petting your dog or sipping hot tea.
- Roll it out. The benefits of foam rollers on the body are big.
- Take a long shower, dry your hair, and put on clothes that make you feel good.
- Bake something just for fun.
- Do some stretching exercises.