Twenty-first century marketing is an increasingly exact science, with technology giving brands unprecedented insight into consumer behaviour.
In this episode, David is joined by experts Dr Min Teah and Dr Luke Butcher from Curtin University’s School of Marketing, to discuss what goes on behind the brands.
- How technology can track a consumer’s emotional state (0.47)
- If consumers are becoming more discerning about marketing (7.56)
- Discussing companies that are in touch with their customer base (14.55)
- Speculation about why David was offered a free smart speaker from Amazon (23.59)
- What the store of the future might look like (26.55)
- Curtin University: Advertising in the eye of the beholder
- Luxury Branding Research Centre: The Consumer Research Laboratory
- Business Insider: Report: Understanding the future consumer
Got any questions, or suggestions for future topics?
Curtin University supports academic freedom of speech. The views expressed in The Future Of podcast may not reflect those of the university.
Music: OKAY by 13ounce Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library