Organisations are beginning to recognise the benefits of employing people with autism and other examples of neurodiversity.
In this episode, Jess and David are joined by Professor Sonya Girdler, from the Curtin Autism Research Group, to discuss how workplaces can best support people with autism and which industries will see the biggest rise in the number of employees with autism.
- Will we see parity in the employment rates of people with autism and without it? (0.34)
- Do organisations see people with autism as talent that need to be nurtured? (3.44)
- Why do we need an individualised approach to support people with autism? (10.06)
- Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre report: Autism in the Workplace
- Curtin Autism Research Group
- INSAR releases first policy brief, focuses on employment and autism
Curtin University supports academic freedom of speech. The views expressed in The Future Of podcast may not reflect those of the university.
Music: OKAY by 13ounce Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library