Plant pathogens are just as much of a risk to crop production as the effects of drought or climate change.
In this episode, Professor Mark Gibberd, from the Centre for Crop and Disease Management, explains how scientists are combatting these pathogens to ensure food security now and into the future.
- What’s being done to combat plant pathogens? (02:35)
- What role do fungicides play? (06:57)
- How does the grains industry need to prepare for the future? (10:35)
- Will we be able to sustainably feed everyone? (14:27)
- Centre for Crop and Disease Management
- Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
Curtin University supports academic freedom of speech. The views expressed in The Future Of podcast may not reflect those of the university.
Music: OKAY by 13ounce Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library