Many of us are shunning tourism hotspots and instead preferring to undertake immersive experiences that make us feel like a local. Dr Michael Volgger, Co-Director of Curtin University’s Tourism Research Cluster, explains the Airbnb phenomenon, and also delves into the topic of ‘robots in tourism’.
- Why has Airbnb had such a profound impact on travel? (0.34)
- How does the impact of home-sharing platforms differ around the world? (2.47)
- Why are seeking those ‘local’ experiences? (7.26)
- Will AI technology impact our holiday experiences? (11.05)
- What factors could make people give up travelling? (13.45)
- Dr Volgger discusses research into travel ‘atmospheres’ and authentic travel experiences (16.48)
- Dr Michael Volgger Curtin University staff profile
- Substantial growth in AirBnb supply and demand in WA: new report
- Book Depository: Atmospheric Turn in Culture and Tourism
Curtin University supports academic freedom of speech. The views expressed in The Future Of podcast may not reflect those of the university.
Music: OKAY by 13ounce Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library