Do you need something to do with your time outside of your studies? Do you want to meet new people and make friends? Or maybe you want to add some more experience to your resume?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above, then Curtin Volunteers! is the perfect way to get more involved with university and the community.
Here are just a couple of reasons why you should join Curtin Volunteers!
- Make new friends. Volunteering is a great way to make friends! By volunteering for causes that you care about, you’re bound to meet people with interests, goals and values similar to your own. You’ll also meet people with totally different life experiences to you. Either way, it’s an amazing opportunity to form long-lasting relationships.
- Gain new skills and experiences. As a volunteer, you will have opportunities to step outside of your comfort zone and do things you’ve never done before. The skills you’ll learn as a volunteer will help you in many areas of your life. Plus, it will look great on your resume.
- Find a purpose. When you’re a busy student, it’s easy to get stuck in the trap of feeling unmotivated and lose sight of what you’re working towards. Volunteering gives you something new and meaningful to focus your energy towards.
- Build self-confidence. Volunteering can be hard work but once you’ve finished with a challenging project or activity, you’ll be amazed at what you’ve achieved. This can be a major self-confidence boost!
- Help others. This one is obvious but nevertheless, it’s one of the best reasons to volunteer. Just by dedicating a few hours of your time and effort, you could be making a real positive impact on someone’s life.
To find out what volunteering opportunities are available, check out the Curtin Volunteers! website.
Follow Curtin Volunteers on Facebook.