The Mitsui Educational Foundation is inviting Curtin students to apply for the 2019 study tour taking place from 19 November to 10 December 2019.
The tour has a combination of cultural and academic experiences including a number of industry visits to a variety of companies and locations in Japan, with the aim of strengthening ties and friendships.
The itinerary includes:
- Places of historical significance such as Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima;
- Visits to various Japanese companies and factories;
- Home stay with a Japanese family;
- Weekend with Japanese university students who will commence employment with Mitsui next year;
- Attending a lecture at Keio University with their Japanese students;
- Meeting with the Australian Ambassador to Japan;
- Experience of the nature in Japan such as Hakone and Miyajima Island;
- Experience of the Japanese tradition such as hot spring and tea ceremony; and
- Various tourist destinations in Tokyo including temples, shrines and museums.
There is one place available for a Curtin student and the successful applicant will join students from seven other universities across Australia.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at Curtin University
- Undergraduate student in your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year
- Have a Course Weighted Average above 60%
- From any course of study.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate a keen interest in learning broadly about Japan.
Japanese language skills/study of Japan are not required to be eligible for selection.
What is the cost?
All airfares, transport, meals and accommodation will be covered by the Mitsui Educational Foundation.
Will this study tour credit towards my degree?
This is a not-for-credit study tour, so it cannot be credited towards your degree. You do not need to have an elective unit on your study plan to participate in the program.
How do I apply?
To apply, complete the online application form before midnight Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Short listed applicants will be selected and notified on Friday 31 May. Finalists will be interviewed by a Curtin panel at the Bentley Campus on the 4/5 June (time and venue to be confirmed).
The final decision of selection rests with Mitsui who will interview a shortlist of four students from each university.
For further information, contact Russ Braby at email@example.com or on 08 9266 4233.