Digital & Technology Solutions has implemented guest access for students in MS Teams, enabling another option for online collaboration between staff and students.
Students can now participate in chats, calls and meetings, where they have been invited by a Curtin staff member. This feature also allows access to accept remote assistance, by sharing your computer screen with a staff member.
Currently, access is limited to students as a guest within MS Teams. Students do not have MS Teams accounts.
How does it work?
When invited by a staff member to participate in a MS Teams meeting, you will receive an email to your Curtin email account with a link to join the meeting.
When you join, you will be placed in the lobby of the meeting, until the host (staff member) is ready to accept you into the meeting.
Similarly to meetings, you can also be added as a guest to join a ‘team’, enabling you to collaborate and share documents. When added to a team by a Curtin staff member, you will be notified by email to your Curtin email address.
What are the benefits?
- Streamlined communication for staff and students.
- The ability to collaborate online with teaching staff for assignments and study.
- Remote assistance online, eliminating the need to attend campus for help.
Refer to the following user guides for advice on how to use MS Teams:
- How to access Microsoft Teams.pdf [377KB]
- Microsoft Teams Guest Features.pdf [717KB]
- How to join a Microsoft Teams meeting.pdf [1.1MB]
Contact Curtin Connect online or phone 1300 222 888, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm (Tuesday from 9.30am).