If you are affected by the bushfires in any way, then we encourage you to seek support through R.E.S.P.O.N.D. – An online counselling support program for students.
The devastating, traumatising and impacting bushfires may have caused you emotional stress and concerns for your family, friends and community. If you are experiencing distress during this time, then we encourage you to access counselling supports.
R.E.S.P.O.N.D. is an online counselling support group that can help you to:
- Connect with your peers.
- Share your experience and reactions in relation to the bushfires.
- Support each other during this difficult time and beyond.
- Learn about common reactions.
- Engage in healthy ways to respond.
- Practice some relaxation techniques.
- Find out about study support resources at Curtin University.
Counselling session details
Date: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Time: 1pm (AWST – WA, Perth)
Register your details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The sessions will be held online via zoom. Once you have registered, you will receive access details to join the session.
Further support at Curtin and how to access to Curtin’s Counselling Services
If you need support in processing the emotional impact of the bushfires, or you are supporting family or friends who have been impacted, we encourage you to access counselling support through Curtin’s Psychological and Counselling Service. The service is available to all Curtin students regardless of your location and is free of charge. Please visit Curtin’s Psychological and Counselling Services website or call 08 9266 7850.
More information on additional resources and support is available. If you have any questions or need advice, our Curtin Connect team is here to help you.
- Phone Curtin Connect on 1300 222 888 (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 4.30 pm AWST)