The TL Robertson Library, built in 1972, now requires infrastructure upgrades to ensure reliable and sustainable operations moving forward.
Over the last 12 months, students and staff have been involved in design workshops with the project team and architects to contribute ideas, which will inform the final design.
The redesign focuses on preserving the building’s iconic brutalist architecture while also creating additional internal space.
Project features include:
- New atrium in the centre of the building with auditorium-style study stairs connecting Levels 2 and 3
- New amenities including additional toilets
- 24/7 student kitchen
- New flexible teaching spaces
- Highly visible, universally accessible entrances
- 2000 square metres of additional floor space
The works will begin in Semester Two 2019 and will occur in stages to ensure the library remains in operation through the refurbishment. The staged process also means students will be able to enjoy each of the project’s benefits as they are delivered throughout the approximately two year construction period.
Find out more and subscribe to the project newsletter at the TL Robertson Library refurbishment and upgrades page.